Live Round The Globe - Live CD Now Available To Buy Online!
Available for just £7.00 including UK P&P! Simply click on the "Contact Us" button below to request a copy and we'll send you all the relevant details. For international shipping please request a quote.
Live Round The Globe is The Skeptics' first CD recorded August 22nd 2012 at the historic Globe Room in Banbury.
This bumper-packed CD contains 17 tracks showcasing the diverse repertoire that The Skeptics have to offer. Click here to hear a small sample of what's in store.
1. Oh Boy! - The fantastic Buddy Holly track as you've never heard it before!
2. Love Me Tender - The track that often gets us accused of being "Barbershop" (boo hiss!)
3. Sleepy-Eyed John - If you're going to "borrow" a song from an American Morris side it may as well be this one.
4. Down In The River To Pray - Another great slice of Americana.
5. The Wild Goose - Not all sea shanties need to be turned up to 11!
6. John Barleycorn - A traditional English folk song with a religious twist.
7. Hard Times Of Old England - We all love a good rabble-rouser.
8. Factory - Bruce Springsteen's working man's anthem. Have a listen here!
9. Tender - A Britpop classic. One of our most requested songs!
10. Mad World - A real tearjerker!
11. Only You - An acapella classic - we had to do it.
12. Cadgwith Anthem - Our ode to Cornish crime!
13. Space Oddity - Yes, you read that right! Have a listen here!
14. Thousands or More - Our traditional ending song given an operatic makeover.
Bonus Track 1. Caribbean Rover - One of our famous "mashups". You know both of these, but together?
Bonus Track 2. Row, Row, Row Your Boat - One of Bagpuss' best. This always goes down well.
Bonus Track 3. I Bid You Goodnight - What better way to end a CD than a funeral song from The Bahamas?
Our album, Profile is now available. If you want to hear songs from Bowie and Bagpuss all done in our special "folk-fusion" style then now's your chance! Check out our album page for more details.
Come and see us at Folk Weekend Oxford on April 20th and 22nd. We're supporting False Lights in their headline concert, as well as hosting a session at The Chequers and singing a "Sunday Brunch" set at Blackwells. Visit folkweekendoxford.co.uk for more info.
We love going to Ascott u-Wychwood (the folk club is amazing), so we're giddy as kippers to be singing at a special fundraising event in the village. Come and see us, as well as Under the Wychwood and Ian W Brown on April 28th for the bargain price of £10/12. Details can be found here.
Don't Forget: The second Monday of the month is our singing session at The Bell in Adderbury. It's a fun, friendly night where anything goes.
Upcoming dates are as follows:
Any singers/vocal groups/choirs who might also be interested in joining in can simply turn up on the night or contact us.